Saturday, January 10, 2009

Divine inspiration

I've got a pile of custom orders on my desk right now, and what am I doing? Procrastinating by writing a blog! hehe

I thought I would write a bit about inspiration for pieces. (Although sometimes, such as now, I just have to wait for them to come to me...)

These are some pages from one of my favorite books ever! "The mode in hats and headdress." 

It's from 1946 and details the fashion of head wear from the 1400's up to "present." 

Way cool. And lots of great ideas! This feather one on the left is seen in lots of my designs. 

So, once I get a general "feel" for what I'm going for, I usually sketch something out. This one is for a wedding...very natural--with some whispy vines and pearls. Should be nice!

1 comment:

Carolyne said...

I have been in love with your head pieces for quite some time. They are just beautiful!