Friday, July 3, 2009

Branching out

SO---I made my first hat. I've done some crochet work in the past, but this is some hard-core sewing!
I made it all by hand, all by me-self :)
I'm sure the next one will go quicker and more neatly, but this first one has more charm to it, I think.

BIG NEWS! I move into my new apartment this month!! How exciting. AND--It will have my very own Etsy studio room!! WHOO!

You can't imagine how much of a step up this is for me! Right now I have:

--one room
--no washer or dryer
-- no dish washer
-- no cable TV
--- one bathroom

It's like I'm living in the woods! (Oh, and props to Thoreau for the quote ... he knew all about living in the woods.)

I will put up pictures as soon as I finish DECORATING! Ah..the best part of any move. :)
Also, I think a trip to IKEA is in order.  
Sweedish meatballs...mmmmm....

8 comments:

S. said...

I've never been to Ikea, but I fear that when I do I shall never be able to leave!

I look forward to seeing snaps of the new place - I'm yearning to move to London at the moment so it's good to have other peoples' moves to live vicariously through ;)

Love the hat!

Elly said...

Yay for making something with your own two hands! I'm in the process of making my first scarf, so I totally get the excitement :)

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Thoreau and Ikea's sweetish meatballs! What fine tastes you have! Is the pink hat you are wearing the one you are talking about? I love it either way!

chanina said...

is that velvet? gorgeous!
Ikea is great for a small new apartment, we just keep going back there for the little things!

Aline said...

I totally love the hat and can't wait to see your new place!

Unknown said...

I just found you through naturally nina, and am in love with your headbands!!!! They are actually magical. I'm so glad I found your store, they are so BEAUTIFUL, I'm in awe!

La LuciOLe said...

Your first hat is really beautiful and when I know it's the first, I think your futures hats will be fantastics!

La LucIoLe

My english is not great so if you don't understand I'm sorry.

Mini Aussie Ace! said...

Seriously..Ikea is the best thing to happen to this planet..the meatballs are enough alone to get me there!!! SOOO delish!!!