Saturday, September 13, 2008

wedding music

I've developed this obsession with marriage. Maybe it's all these brides I sell wedding crowns to on etsy.....then again, maybe it's my ever-marching-on age ( birthday's on the 29th!!)

In any event: I've started planning out every detail. The last detail, of course, will be the man. (minor detail heheh)

SO: Here is my list of wedding music!!

1.) At Last by Etta James (for first dance)



2.) What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong (for dance with daddy)

3.) All the King's Horses by Robert Plant (a good slow song, after YMCA or something)

4.) Lay Lady Lay by Bob Dylan  (for late into the reception)

5.) Canon in D by Pachelbel----performed by string quartet (for the march down the aisle)--I will walk in at approximately 2:04 into song.

6.) The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra (for last song.)

Any other suggestions would be welcomed :)



1 comment:

The Ebon Swan said...

We had a Civil War period wedding, complete with a band who played period instruments and sang period songs...ours was "Lorena".

My processional song into the ceremony was "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring", and...when I find the recessional, I'll let you know. It was something Bach, but it's slipping my mind at the moment.