Tuesday, November 25, 2008

gobble gobble.

Happy Turkey Day!

I know, it's not today. It's tomorrow. But I work today AND tomorrow, so I've got to get in my holiday greetings while I can!!!





The plans for this year are as follows:

--Potluck dinner at work on Thursday. I am bringing twice-baked potatoes.

--Potluck dinner/party at my fella's on Friday. I am bringing more twice-baked potatoes.

--Real dinner at my parent's on Saturday. I am bringing my fella to meet them (!!!)

--Sunday and Monday: Rest.

I know you are wondering...so here is my recipe for twice-baked potatoes (off the top of my head, as it always is).

-----

Bake about 6 large baking potatoes.

Cut them in half, lengthwise, and scoop out the centers with a spoon. Save the insides in a bowl.

Take the skins and line them in a lightly greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with kosher salt.

To the insides: Add a splash of milk, a GOOD AMOUNT of butter and sour cream, plus some chopped green onions, cheddar cheese and bacon (optional.)

Take this mixture and put it BACK INTO the skins. You can then add some more cheese and goodies to garnish, if you'd like.

Next, put the whole dish in the oven--350 for about 20-30 minutes, or until the tops get just a bit golden.

Garnish with some rosemary sprigs for a festive feel :)

---

Here's what I'm thankful for:

My loving, supportive parents; my super cool sister and her amazing kid, Ella; my amazingly wonderful boyfriend, who I am consistently in awe of how much I adore; my friends who put up with my lack of ability to be social; my job (hey--at least I've still got it, right?), etsy, which enables me to make my fun money and develop my art; my health, which is pretty much OK; my hopes for a happy future.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I love reading your blog so I've nominated you for an award, it's waiting for you on my blog.

hy said...

WOW!
the parents.. thats always a bit nerve racking! even if they are cool!
sorry you have to work on Thanksgiving... have fun!
mj

Minx's Den said...

Hi, I'm minxden!

Saw your etsy shop, really cute items! I love your crowns, I was looking for one for my wedding last june, and couldn't find the right one, but I sure wish I ran into your shop a year ago! oh well...pretty things, I will be visiting your blog, I'm trying to make more blogging buddies...if you want to take a gander at my etsy shop, it's minxden.etsy.com
Happy turkey day, bye!

-minxden