Sunday, February 21, 2010

All my posts are starting to sound the same ...

It's a funny thing about doing art full-time ... there is no time for loss of inspiration. You have to be "on" all the time to keep bringing home the bacon!!

At my old "real job," if I was not feeling in the mood to work one day .... I could still sit at my desk and play solitaire. Just get through the day with minimal thinking.

But now, I'm the only one to blame if there aren't new items being churned out of my studio! I've really got to maintain a constant drive and inspiration.

Right now, I'm taking my "day off" over at Rich's. He's on the phone right now, so, of course, I turn to Etsy! I'm trying to make lists of what supplies I need to buy, what I should think about making this week, and other business things to do.

For now, and to help keep my artistic inspiration fresh, I'm doing the ol' Google image search.

It's amazing the things you can find! Here is what has caught my fancy for the week ahead of creation .....











3 comments:

popple said...

Wow the jazz times picture is amazing, very inspiring. Keep up the good work I love your stuff.

Ali said...

Wow, I am really excited to see the new stuff...especially the one inspired by the picture with Taylor Swift! I love her, and I love the things you make, so I am positive that piece will be spectacular!

Unknown said...

Emily, I don't think any of your followers find you sounding repetitive however after just browsing through your shop again I have a suggestion; what about writing about your custom pieces (if your patrons don't mind) some of them are so spectacularly beautiful and writing about collaborating over a custom piece would be a break away from what you feel is your blogging norm :)