Wednesday, May 28, 2008

i was in a car wreck

Last Friday. Right before Memorial Day weekend, too. So here it is Wednesday and I'm still waiting to see if the car's totaled or not. 

Some woman ran a red light and I got smashed on the driver's side. Had (still got to some degree) horrible neck pain and stiffness and a bruise to beat all bruises on my left thigh (where the door came in to greet me).

The crazy thing is I had about an hour where I don't remember anything. I remember seeing her coming at me, screaming, getting smashed violently around....then sitting there for a minute, trying to figure out if I was dead or injured.

I remember getting out of the passenger side door and sitting on the curb. That's it. Next thing I know, I'm in the hospital staring at the ceiling.

That's probably the scariest part of the whole ordeal. I know there was an ambulance ride, questions and questions and questions....which I must have answered?

Also, I had a recurring dream for the past month--more just like a vision--of a crash. Never been in one before. Scary. 

2 comments:

REB said...

I was just dropping buy your blog to see if you had made any more creations and saw your message about your accident. I hope you are okay.

My sister is a cop and she has been in several accidents while on duty...one even while sitting in her cruiser and another being hit while standing next to a person she had pulled over to ticket. She still gets aches and pains from those accidents. Hopefully you will not suffer any long term pains from your experience.

Thinking good thoughts for you. I hope you feel better soon

Anonymous said...

that was nice of renee! i hope u are feeling better to my little sister! much love to you!