Sunday, May 4, 2014

It's Spring! So that means ...



My husband brought home these flowers for me from work the other night --- what a guy, right? But as they started to wilt in the vase, I thought I should make a flower crown because, that's what I do!
It's really a simple process, and it can be done with any sort of flowers (even from the grocery store.) In fact, this is the exact process I used for my wedding last year. I stopped by the Safeway on the way to setting up the venue and picked up a nice-looking bouquet. 

Here's the shot of that one:


Here's what you need:


Here are the flowers cut down to a more manageable size:


I added a bit of ribbon to the ends of my wire with a hot glue gun. This step makes it adjustable and easier to put on ... but you can definitely make a full-sized circle.


Slightly pull the floral tape to "activate" it's stickiness. 
Begin wrapping it around the wire for a bit of base coat:


Pick up your flower stems and place them against the wire. Simply wrap the tape around each stem as you go:


Add in varying flowers and leaves ... you can play around here and get lots of different looks:


Almost there!


Done :) 


 Hope you enjoyed this tutorial!! And remember ... Fresh flower crowns are gorgeous, but will begin to look a bit droopy within hours. You can keep your finished crown in a refrigerator to keep it a bit fresher for longer.


3 comments:

Chic Vintage Brides said...

Beautiful! You make it look so simple I will have to give it a go :) Thanks for sharing your pro secrets!

BumbleBri said...

I am SO going to try this for my daughter! This is wonderful and so much easier than it looks. Thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

Wonderful crown!! Thanks for sharing this awesome floral crown here. Will prepare them for my mom this Mother’s day party. She will love it for sure. Will book fresh flowers at online Mothers Day Flower Delivery affordable services. Very excited for the day!